Your eyesight is precious, therefore regardless of your age regular examinations are a vital part in managing the health of your eyes.
Our standard eye examinations take about 30 minutes and include:
- A detailed history covering your visual concerns and requirements, your general health, previous ocular history and your family ocular history.
- Measurement of vision to determine if there is any refractive error; myopia (short-sightedness), hyperopia (long-sightedness), astigmatism or presbyopia.
- Assessment of binocular co-ordination; eye alignment and eye teamwork.
- An ocular health assessment; this in-depth evaluation can reveal changes from your last check-up which may assist in the early detection of eye health problems such as diabetes, glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.
- Following your examination, we discuss with you our recommendations regarding any preventative, corrective or other care that may be required. This may be in the form of prescription glasses or contact lenses, vision therapy/eye exercises, visual hygiene recommendations or referral to an ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) or your GP.
Follow up testing may also be required.
Other services include:
- Diabetic Health Examinations
- Children’s Eye Examinations
- Behavioural Optometry/Learning difficulties/Vision Therapy
- Myopia Control
- Contact Lens Assessments
- Orthokeratology (Ortho K)
- Ocular emergency treatments
- Visual Field assessments
- Retinal imaging
- Occupational vision assessments
- Aviation Examinations (coming soon!)